1. The 56th Annual Chaska Fire Department ice fishing tournament is scheduled for Saturday, January 26th, 2013, from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. at Fireman’s Park in downtown Chaska on the northwest corner of Co Rd 61 & Hwy 41. Contestants are discouraged inside fishing area prior to 12:00 noon.
2. Should inclement weather or bad ice conditions cause cancellation on Saturday, January 26, 2013, the contest will be held at the Chaska Fire Department with all “For the Fisherman” prizes raffled off for those who attend and submit their tickets and all door prizes and “For the Non Fisherman” prizes given away to all persons who purchased tickets to the contest. Official notices will be posted at www.chaskafire.org
3. The top 50 places “For the Fisherman” prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size game fish may place in the Top 50. Fish species that are allowed for weigh in are: northern, walleye, crappie, bluegill, sunfish, perch, and any species of bass. Rough fish, including bullhead and carp are not allowed for weigh-in.
4. Each person will be allowed to fish one hole maximum. You may register as many fish as you want. All game fish weighed in by a contestant may be eligible for the top 50 fish prizes.
5. Contestants may reserve no more than one hole no earlier than 12:00 noon on the day of the contest.
6. All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket, as the tournament requires live release. All fish brought to the weigh in are kept and released by contest officials. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. All prize winners may be required to take polygraph exams as part of contest requirements. In the event deception is detected or the contestant refuses to take the exam, his/her prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in.
7. All fish must be caught and the contestant en route to the weigh-in station by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the contest.
8. Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest.
9. Contestants will be allowed to move to other unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants must use holes that have been provided. No additional hole drilling will be allowed before or during contest by any contestant.
10. The “For the Fisherman” ticket and “For the Non Fisherman” tickets are two separate items. You need to be present and catch a fish to be eligible for the “For the Fisherman” prizes. You need not be present to win a “For the Non Fisherman” prizes.
11. Entry fee for the contest is $2.00 for tickets purchased prior to contest or $2.00 per ticket purchased at the lake the day of the contest. No refunds will be given for any reason.
12. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times. Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. No shelters will be allowed. Contestants may use a shelter for seating if it doesn’t interfere with adjacent holes. These shelters may not be set up though.
13. All laws of the State of Minnesota will be abided by.
14. Contest and raffle prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners.
15. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area.
16. Parking is available in Fireman’s Park. Additional parking is available on the northwest side of the lake, located off County road 110. Contestants may also park on the side streets south of Chaska Blvd. (Formally HWY 212)
17. All baitfish must be four inches or smaller. Any baitfish over four inches will not be allowed on the ice.
18. Coolers and large containers are discouraged. No spears allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails; underwater cameras and depth finders are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended as holes are drilled the morning of the contest and may ice over a little. The use of augers is not allowed. Weighted lines without hooks or bait can be used to check depth prior to 12:45 p.m. No lines are allowed in the water from 12:45 p.m. to the start of the contest.
19. Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
20. Contest results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
21. Members of the Chaska Fire Department are ineligible to fish the tournament.
22. All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
23. Chaska Fire Department thanks you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove refuse—including cigarette butts—from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in contest area and will be confiscated by and forfeited to contest officials. Waste containers are provided.
27. All contest updates available and valid only from www.chaskafire.org